Sunday, May 12, 2013

Life Management - Binder Edition


This idea came from my overactive creative imagination, as well as my lack of organization. Juggling college classes, two jobs, a family, and a boyfriend can be extremely challenging and difficult to squish into a 24 hour day. Also, I don't trust computers to hold all my important documents. 
Tip #1 for a college student: NEVER TRUST A COMPUTER!!!!
Always back up everything to a flash drive, and always print out and file important documents.
So after having to learn all of this the hard way, I searched Pinterest for life management tips. While searching, I found this idea. Stuff everything in life into a binder.
 After going through several blogs trying to find the best Life Binder DIY, I settled on just using my creativity to come up with one of my own.
This is how I made mine. Doesn't have to be how you make yours. Suit yours to fit your own life. 

Life Binder How-To:

Step One: Grab an old binder. We all have a spare hanging around, and if you don't, go run to the school store and pick one up for two bucks. Also, pick up a pack of dividers and some clear document pockets. Anything you think you could use to organize your binder.




Step Two: Label your sections.
Mine are as follows:
  • Calendar
  • Emergency Info
  • Finance
  • School
  • Projects
  • Food
Feel free to add, subtract, do whatever kinds of sections you want. These are just what are easiest for me.




 Step Three: Start filling up your binder! 
Here is what my binder contains so far. 


Step Four: Decorate your binder in any way you'd like. I  won't post a picture here, because mine is not at all decorated. I need to edit a nice design to tape on the front or something.

FREE Printables:
These are the printables I used. You can find more if you search pinterest for Free Printables!
Calendars: ATypicalEnglishHome.com
 Password Log: ATypicalEnglishHome.com
Check Register: HelpingMomsAtHome.com
Financial Goals Worksheet: FrugalLiving.About.com
Take Out Numbers: MandiCresswell.blogspot.com 
Well, that's it for today, folks!!! Post in the comments for any other helpful hints on how to make and utilize your binder. See you next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment